Please don’t forgot your raffle tickets – there as a chance to win a fabulous road bike worth nearly £3,000 plus other prizes. Ticket stubs can be handed in at the raffle table by the registration desks. If you have not got any raffle tickets they will be on sale on the day. Please return any unsold ones.
Ride HQ: Snoddington Manor, Snoddington Lane, Shipton Bellinger, SP9 7UZ
Please do not arrive earlier than 7.30 and please be on time for your respective start time, especially those on the longer rides.
Please do not approach Ride HQ from the Fyield/Kimpton Western approach - use the A338 exit off the A303 and approach from the South West:
For those coming from London, please note that the M3 will be closed between junction 2 and 3 so you will need to take the M4 and cut through the Reading or Basingstoke turnoffs.
Registration opens from 7.30 and will close at 11.00. We suggest you arrive to register at least 30 minutes before your start time
- All riders must sign in both before the ride and when you have completed so we know you are back. When you arrive please follow the marshals’ guidance for car parking and make your way to the registration test to pick up your ride number and lunch wristband. Registration will be by surname.
- There will be a desk available for on the day registrations – cash only please. Please note there is a £5 premium for on the day registrations. If you want to change the ride you have entered for, please let the registration team know.
There is plenty of parking in a field providing cars take up as little space as practically possible. There will be car parking marshals to help but please park as tightly as you can!
EMERGENCY NUMBER - 07555 121777
You will find the emergency contact number on your rider wristband and on the maps provided. This numbers are for use in emergencies only.
CARRY SOME CASH!
Please ensure that you have some spare cash on you for emergencies and for any purchases you may require for breakfast, coffee and the post ride bar and for any last minute purchases from our supporting trade stands.
RIDE HQ ON SITE FACILITIES – BREAKFAST, WATER AND TRADE STANDS
- Fresh tea, coffee and Bacon rolls with be available for purchase at Ride HQ – please support the kind volunteers who are giving up their time to be there.
- There will be male and female toilets at Ride HQ
- Trade suppliers will be on site on site selling a variety of accessories such as water bottles, spare tubes, energy drinks and gels, helmets and clothing. Please support them on the day as they are donating a percentage of their sales to the event.
- Please ensure that you have enough refreshments for your ride. Free drinks, snacks and energy products will be available at the rest stations and there will be water at Ride HQ for filling water bottles, but you should ensure that you have enough of your own supplies to last you the ride
RIDER BRIEFING AND START
Once you have registered, riders will be called forward and set off in 2 minute intervals in batches of roughly 20 riders. The time you start will not be dictated by your rider number so if you want to ride with friends who registered at a different times, no problem.
ROUTES AND COURSE SIGNAGE
GPX files can be downloaded from the website and quantities of paper copies will be available at registration. The routes will be extensively signposted and marked with the use of arrow and warning signs. Arrow signs will be at all junctions on the route and at regular intervals so in principle keep following these signs as you come to a junction! There will also be marshals at key locations on routes providing extra confidence. There have been cases on previous sportives where miscreant members of the public have deliberately removed signs. All signs will be checked throughout the day but we advise all riders to familiarise themselves with the route maps available at ride HQ.
Serious 100 miles – start from 0830
Sporty 50 mile – start from 0930
Sensible 25 miles – start from 1030
We have a limited number of exclusive SAMS RIDE Cycle Jerseys for sale at Ride HQ. in support of the event and all profit will go to the Samaritans. The short sleeved full zip shirt is a high quality breathable material with three rear pockets plus a zipped pocket for small items such as loose change. We are producing this shirt for only £40 - great value for a quality cycling jersey.
There will be pre ride mechanical support at ride HQ until 09.30 when the vehicle will set out on route. Our mechanical van will be able to offering basic repairs, spare inner tubes etc. Mechanical support should not be relied on to fix any existing problems with your bike, but is there to help resolve any problems that have occurred on the way to or during the event. Punctures are the biggest bane for sportive riders so please ensure that you do have spare inner tubes with you – we suggest 2 per rider as a minimum. PLEASE ALSO CHECK THE QUALITY OF YOUR TYRES BEFORE YOU RIDE
Approximately 30 minutes after the last rider starts, our team will set up to clear the route and to remove all signs and road markings. The support vehicles will stay behind the last riders to ensure they can assist any riders in difficulty. In the event that a rider needs a list back to Ride HQ, they may have to wait for the sweep vehicle following the tail end riders. Riders concerned about completing in the time available are urged to start as early as possible.
Please ensure you have the following items with you:
- A helmet – It is mandatory that all riders wear a safety approved cycling helmet
- A form of identification in case of an accident
- One, preferably 2 water bottles and snacks and energy drinks.
- Although refreshments will be provided at the rest stations you are advised to provide sufficient quantities of your own for the ride
- A basic tool kit including a pump, tyre levers and we recommend bringing at least 2 spare inner tubes
- We will be providing a limited amount spares for sale available on the day
- Suitable clothing: Ensure you have essential clothing in case of inclement weather. There will be a stall selling clothing and accessories at Ride HQ
- First Aid kit: Medical support will be provided but you should carry basis supplies such as plasters
- Money; Please ensure you have a suitable amount of money on you in case of an emergency or to purchase spare tubes etc (or give as a donation!)
There will be feed / drink stations on each course as an opportunity for you to top up your water bottles with energy drink and take on board some food. This should supplement the food / drink you have taken on the ride and you should not solely rely on this as your only form of nutrition.
Feed stations are at mile 24 (St Mary Bourne for the 100 and 50 riders) and mile 60 (Stratford Sub Castle for the 100 riders). There will be a small water and feed station for the 25 mile riders at mile 13 which is also passed by the 50 mile riders at mile 38.
There are male and female toilet facilities at each Rest station but not at mile 11 of the 25 mile ride
Your wristband will be your ID for getting the supplied food and drink. Please take only your quota of free food at the feed stations as we have to cater for all the riders. Track pumps, inner tubes and multi-tools will be available to use at these stations to assist you with mechanical problems.
For safety, please move off the roadway when at the feed station and be careful when exiting from them.
LUNCH AND BAR
A FREE and INCLUSIVE hot lunch will be provided at finish. There will be a quantity of Vegetarian meals. There will be a cash bar selling beer, wine and soft drinks
AT THE FINISH
When you arrive back at Ride HQ please ensure that we have ticked you back in and that you collect your rider’s medal. Lunch will be available on presentation of your rider wristband and there will be a bar selling beer and soft drinks
Enjoy the ride! Remember this ride is not a race and you are on public roads that are open to other traffic. Respect other road users and be vigilant!
See you all at the Start....and the finish